The American Comparative Literature Association's 2021 Annual Meeting
**PANELISTS: PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEARCH FOR DAY 3 OF YOUR SEMINAR IN THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE. EACH DAY HAS A UNIQUE BUTTON TO JOIN**
The American Comparative Literature Association's 2021 Annual Meeting is now fully virtual and will take place April 8-11, 2021.
|April 9, 10, and 11, 8:30am CDT||ACLA Vice Presidential Panel, Geopolitics of Comparison Around the World (Day 3)|
|Sunday, April 11, 10:30am CDT||ADPCL Panel Session on Academic Careers|
***Note: all dates and times are listed in CDT (Central Daylight Time).
We’re excited to welcome you to our first virtual conference! Join us for all the same familiar features: pre-conference workshops, a keynote panel, an awards ceremony, the usual three days of seminars, networking opportunities, and a book fair that will feature academic presses.
All participants will need a Zoom account to attend the Annual Meeting. If you need to create a Zoom account, please click here. To join a seminar or event during the conference, navigate to the conference schedule on the virtual conference platform and find the event you'd like to attend. Each event will display a "Join" button that will only appear during the conference. Clicking "Join" at that time will bring you to the event you've selected.
For more information, view a recording of our conference platform information session or send questions to email@example.com.
Click here to view the conference schedule, or click the Conference Schedule tab above. Scroll through each day to browse seminars and events, or use the search feature on the right to search by seminar title, organizer name, or panelist name. Please note, all times are listed in CDT (Central time). Most conference events and seminars are organized into 4 streams: Stream A (8:30-10:15am CDT), Stream B (10:30am-12:15pm CDT), Stream C (2:00-3:45pm CDT), & Stream D (4:00-5:45pm CDT).
- Thursday, April 8, at 6:00pm CDT: The Annual Meeting’s opening ceremony, featuring poetry readings by Cristina Rivera Garza and Natalie Diaz
- Thursday, April 8, 4:00pm CDT: Publishing Your First Article, a panel organized by the ADPCL
- Thursday, April 8, 4:00pm CDT: panel, Publishing Your First or Second Book
- Thursday, April 8, 4:00pm CDT: The (Comparative Literature) Dissertation in Theory and Practice, the Graduate Student Committee Workshop
- Thursday, April 8, 4:00pm CDT: Writing Successful NEH Grants for Faculty and Independent Scholars, a panel co-sponsored by the NEH
- Friday, April 9, 12:15pm CDT: Geopolitics of Comparison: World Literature avant la lettre, from ACLA President Emeritus Waïl S. Hassan
- Friday, April 9, 4:00pm CDT: Virtual Roundtable on Ethics of Graduate Advising, from the Graduate Student Committee
- April 9, 10, and 11, 8:30am CDT: ACLA Vice Presidential Panel, Geopolitics of Comparison Around the World (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)
- Friday, April 9, 6:00pm CDT: Presidential Plenary, The Poetics of Protest, from Africa to Minneapolis
- Saturday, April 10, 12:15pm CDT: Keynote Panel, Comparative Studies and the Politics, Logics and the Rhetoric of The New Distribution
- Saturday, April 10, 6:00pm CDT: Awards Ceremony & Presidential Address: Comparative Negligence and Disconnect: The Case of India's Northeast Literature
- Sunday, April 11, 10:30am CDT: ADPCL Panel Session on Academic Careers
To register for the 2021 conference, complete and submit the following form: https://www.acla.org/2021-annual-meeting-registration-during-conference Please note there may be a 1-2 minute delay before you will have access to the conference after completing the registration process. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the pandemic, the decimation of the humanities, the tenuous nature of most non-tenured/tenure-track faculty, adjuncts, and graduate students, the ACLA has decided to reduce conference registration fees by 50% across all registration types. We have reduced our registration fees to the bare minimum required to recover our anticipated conference expenses as well as cover our general operating costs.
UPDATED REGISTRATION FEES
*Note: All presenters are required to be current in their ACLA annual membership as well. Only presenters are required to be current in their membership, but we welcome new members as their payments continue to support our mission.